The Al Ghurair Open Learning Scholars Program is one of the Foundation’s three core programs focused on bringing online and blended learning degree programs and recognized credentials from top accredited universities to Arab youth anywhere they are. We are looking for a Program Manager who will be responsible for overseeing and managing the activities to achieve the program’s three main goals:
(1) increase access to and completion of quality education through online and blended learning opportunities in the form of recognized degrees and credentials;
(2) develop and manage partnerships that enable universities to offer high quality online and blended learning programs to Arab students; and
(3) raise awareness and support of quality accredited online learning in the Arab region. Preference will be given to candidates with relevant experience and in-depth knowledge of online and open learning, particularly in the context of the Arab region.
Required Education and Experience
• Graduate level degree in education, technology, or a relevant field in the social sciences
• 10 years of experience and a strong record of achievement in the field of education and online/open learning.
This candidate should also have management experience with focus on results-driven leadership, she/he will be a key member of the management team and will report directly to the CEO.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Strong understanding of online and blended learning and being up-to-date on trends in higher education
• Strong understanding of educational context in the Arab region (in particular higher education) and the challenges facing open learning in the region
• Familiarity with university level admissions, scholarship administration, enrollment management and financial aid awarding is an asset
• Develop and evaluate program models, and select and successfully operationalize innovative programs
• Ability to initiate and scale up innovative and cost-effective programs rapidly
• Negotiation and conflict resolution
• Problem solving
• Microsoft Office products
• Demonstrate success in roles requiring execution of multiple tasks while responding to multiple priorities
• Be flexible, collaborative, and proactive
• Be a team leader who can positively and productively impact both strategic and tactical program initiatives
• Fluent in English. Preference given to candidates who are also fluent in Arabic.
• Communicate effectively verbally and in writing
• Effectively interface with senior management and staff
• Build and maintain positive working relationships across an organization as well with external stakeholders, partners and beneficiaries
• Serve as a visible, approachable sounding board/resource
• Exercise tact and diplomacy in organizational settings
The position is based in Dubai with a demanding work schedule, including some travel.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and CV to the below email address. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Closing date for submission of an application is Thursday 6th April.